Friday, March 16, 2012

Seriously?

Ok, so you know I have a flatmate at the moment, right? I have slowly learnt over the past few years that just because people are different to me doesn't make them odd.... or does it? I've been VERY patient over the past 6 weeks but am counting down until the 3 months flatting period is up so I can have my place back to myself again. Young male flatmate is ok but a little strange... for two reasons.

Reason number 1
Three weeks ago on a Monday morning I was up and getting ready for work. I was in my room, door open, sorting an outfit for the day when I heard my name called. It was Young Male Flatmate. Now, keep in mind that YMF had had a few drinks the night before. The conversation went something like this:
YMF: 'Danielle! The most amazing thing has happened!'
Me: 'Oh really, what's that?'
YMF: I woke up this morning and I can see better than ever! I ran outside and my eyesight is perfect. I turned on the tv and can see perfectly. It's a medical marvel!!'
Me: 'That's awesome....... Are you sure you didn't fall asleep with your contact lenses in?'
YMF: 'Oh yeah, that's probably it.'
There's me with a smile plastered on my face while inside I'm thinking 'Are you serious??!'


Reason number 2
After being away house sitting for a few days I come home and YMF is in the kitchen so I stop in for a general chat. During this YMF tells me he has worked out why he has been getting indigestion lately. The conversation went something like this:
YMF: 'So you know how I told you I was getting really bad indigestion?'
Me: Thinking umm... no. 'Yes.'
YMF: 'Well I worked out what's giving it to me.'
Me: 'That's great. What was it?'
YMF: 'Well, I bought some protein powder off the internet to help with my gym sessions and to try and bulk up and the indigestion started after taking this for a couple of days so I figured it was something to do with that.'
Me: 'Oh yes.'
YMF: 'So I read the packaging carefully to see what ingrediants were in it and realised it's actually for livestock.'
Me: Nervous giggle. Trying to keep a straight face. Screaming in my head ARE YOU SERIOUS??!



That and he hasn't found the vacuum cleaner yet. Or changed the sheets on his bed... that belong to me... ewwwwwww!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely photo of YMF...seriously

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAHAHAHA! I both love and am slightly alarmed by reason #2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, mistake.
    He needs a deadline that can also be a birthday present to yourself :)

    ReplyDelete