Saturday, March 31, 2012

Walking Backwards In High Heels

I've spent the last month creatively thinking of ways to advertise my Intimo business to get some more bookings. It's been exhausting but fun. One idea I had was to put an ad in the local paper. My ad read:


Half Price and Free Lingerie! Interested?

Ladies phone Danielle now on 021 478 584

to find out more or book your Intimo presentation


Claire and Scott get the Mail delivered so yesterday after work I shot around to theirs to see it in all it's glory. There's something special about seeing your own name in the paper - even if I did put it there myself! The only thing a little alarming was that is was under the 'Adult Information' catergory.


About an hour later my mobile rang. The call went something like this:

Me: Hello, Danielle speaking

Caller: Hi there how are you doing this evening? (In an Asian male voice)

Me: I'm well thanks. How are you?

Caller: Good. What sort of business do you do?

Me: Um... sorry. Who's speaking?

Caller: Oh sorry, I saw your ad in the paper.

Me: Ah right. The business is lingerie for women.

Caller: Ok. Do you do other services?

Me: Um, (realising where this was heading). No. It's all above board womens lingerie.

Caller: Ok. Thanks.

Me: Thanks for calling. (Hanging up, dropping phone, shouting Ew Ew Ewwwwww!!!!)


I will be calling the Mail today to see if they can move my ad into a more appropriate category. OR turning my phone off between the hours of 10pm and 6am!




No comments:

Post a Comment